Thursday, March 28, 2013

Reasons To Count SHIPITO.COM As A Scam



Phone: 310-212-7134




Perhaps you are thinking what on this earth made me running behind this shipito.com? Like many others around, I could hide my personal encounter with this company, but by doing so I am allowing some other poor fellas to be scammed by shipito.com


As a responsible citizen, I think it’s my duty to create awareness among the general public against this shipito.com. One can only discover what this shipito.com is up to after being scammed. I hope my post will at least give them some idea about shipito.com, thereby help them in finding the right mail forwarder. Shipito.com works on forwarding and parcel to their clients. First they give a virtual address in the US to their client and then ship the goods purchased by clients to that address, then lastly, the goods are delivered to the clients’ resident address. The annual fee is $50 and another $8.5 + postage fee will be charged for a single forwarding. The process sounds quite convenient for people who are outside the states. By using shipito’s service, they can deliver any goods to their home avoiding the hassles. 


Thinking about such advantageous prospective, I subscribed for shipito.com mail forwarding service. My days of worries are over for mail or parcel forwarding, I thought. But at the end I was proved wrong as shipito.com didn’t forward my parcels and they tried to acquire my confidential. 


However, at first the mails and parcels were forwarded to my address on a regular basis. Then suddenly one day shipito.com stopped forwarding mail or parcel anymore. It took me four days to understand that that they are no more delivering mails and parcels. I ordered some products from outsides the states, the seller mailed me with the receipt and the shipping code online. As a subscribed customer of shipito.com, I gave the virtual address to the seller.  


For this, I called 310-212-7134, the contact support of shipito.com. What they told me was out of my imagination. In my lifetime I never heard such strange words. The shipito.com official told me that they are not receiving any of my mails or parcels. And yet they don’t even feel any importance to inform me about this. How ridiculous! Nevertheless, to resume my mail forwarding service, I will have to give them more ids; ids including my confidential information that are very crucial. 


This demand made by shipito.com is shit as the required ids for such mail forwarding service was already given to them during the time of subscription. As well as that, no other competitors of shipito.com ask for certain ids. So I didn’t get what was shipito’s real motive behind asking for more confidential information. In addition, the confidential information demanded by shipito.com was related to my financial dealings. Disclosing them may result in identity theft. As far as shipito.com has no need of such customer confidential, the only way could be they would try scamming me or stealing my money. Thus, there is no way that I share more ids with them. 


For this, I asked for the refund of my yearly fee that had already paid. Instantly they refused my demand saying the fee is nonrefundable. It had been about three months that I subscribed for shipito.com mail forwarding service, so there were nine more months to go. From all sides I would expect the refund. But shipito.com has no ethics at all. They kept my money although they stop forwarding mails. 


Form my experience you can realize that shipito.com is a scam. If you go for their service, first of all they will try to gain your confidential information that could cost you with identity theft. If you don’t agree with their invalid and unrealistic claim, they will simply keep the annual fee of $50. And still they will not keep any of your mail or parcel. So, shipito.com is charging its clients $50 for nothing. No doubt that this is a scam and illegal. These facts about shipito.com are unknown to many. For them, this post could be a guideline. Thus avoiding shipito.com should be your first preference while selecting a mail forwarding service. Dealing with shipito.com means your valuable mails and parcels are not in the right hand.  
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I think you work to myus...

    I never, never, had any problem with shipito..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shipito service is excellent and cheap. Don't try to promote your company by making false statement on others

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a problem with them, through no fault of my own except starting an account in my business's name and paying the account with a visa card being in my name. There was no warning before hand that I should use one name for both. They took my money but now they think I'm now doing a fraudulent transaction. Got my money and my parcel as I'm not giving into their demands to supply sensitive personal and financial info. You have been warned.

    ReplyDelete